Tempering Treatment of Compression Springs
Does The Compression Springs Need To Be Annealed After Calibration?
1. Improve the tensile strength.
2. Release the residual stress.
The tempered spring can release the residual stress in time so that it can be normally drawn or rolled. The fatigue property and creep resistance can be reduced, so as to make the compression spring life longer.
3. Make the shape of the spring stable.
The spring will not be easily deformed after the tempering because the shape of the spring can be stabilized during the process.
What Should We Pay Attention To During The Tempering Treatment?
2. Operator should take the temperature into consideration when adjusting the tempering temperature. Springs with the good fatigue performance should be tempered with lower temperature.
3. The outer diameter of carbon steel spring will be reduced in tempering, so certain dimensions should be reserved before coiling the spring.
5. What is the tempered temperature of a spring? Strength can be improved but the toughness may be lose if you use 200-250℃ temperature to handle the steel wire, and it may lead the breakage of the spring. 280℃ is the ideal temperature of the spring tempering after the spring coil, while 250℃ is the ideal temperature for the reprocessing of the spring.
6. The position of the arms or hook may be changed slightly after the tempering, the deviation value should be considered before tempering.